The approach of the Labor Day holiday marks the end of summer and for many parents, their favorite time of year: back to school. So we thought a refresher course in back to school safety was in order, compliments of the website SafeKids.org.
Reminders for Drivers
- Slow down and be especially alert in the residential neighborhoods and school zones.
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
- Watch for children on and near the road in the morning and after school hours.
- Reduce any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
- Put down your phone and don’t talk or text while driving.
Reminder for Kids
- They should cross the street with an adult until they are at least 10 years old.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Never run out into the streets or cross in between parked cars.
- Make sure they always walk in front of the bus where the driver can see them.
From all of us at O’Connor Law, welcome back to school! Make the most of it!